#104 Missionary Work is the Best!

 How's it going? I hope y'all had a wonderful week. It was another amazing week here in Vegas.


We went on exchanges with our ZLs amd I got to be with Elder Proctor again 😇 I miss being his comp so much. We had a ton of fun and had a lot of success. We talked to this guy Junior who's in a band and he played us this crazy good jazz routine on the keyboard. He wants to come to church this week. We also helped at this service for this non-profit called Green Our Planet. It was pretty fun but definitely looked and felt like I was in Breaking Bad 🤭

Normally I don't share things like this but I had to share this onr experience we had this week. We helped this one not active member load a moving truck so they could move to St George. We had to go in and out of the house a lot to get the stuff and oh my goodness, that was the most disgusting house I've ever been in. There were crumbs everywhere and pizza that was probably purchased a year ago. There were piles of paper and it smelled like poop and pee. I started to break out in hives so we knew we needed to get out. So we made up an excuse and got out of there. I am now so extremely grateful that my mom always had us clean up after ourselves. I am so sorry for complaining Mom 

On Saturday night we were biking around and it was getting really dark. We were in the more affluent part of our area where no one really likes to talk to us. We felt prompted to knock a door and this guy named Frank answered. He's been going through a really tough time so it was definitely a miracle that we stopped by. We found out he was baptized when he was 12 but hasn't been since then. We shared Mosiah 7:33 about trusting in the Lord and he started to tear up. He said if we invited him to church that he would come. So of course we invited him and he came! And he brought his 16 year old son. The ward fellowshipped him so well and we had a linger longer which was perfect for them. We stopped by again last night and met another son who is 18 and also wants to come to church. Huge huge miracle!! 🥳🥳

On Sunday night we were biking back to our car to head home and it had cooled down enough where we weren't dying. Our area is on a hill so we have a perfect view of the strip. As we were biking I realized how much I love Las Vegas and how much I'm going to miss it. I'm so glad that I still have 2 weeks left to give Christ and all the people of Las Vegas my all 😇😇 🌃🌇

"9 And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness." 

Jesus is the way!! He has been my light in the darkest times of my mission. I am so grateful for Him 😇





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#10 Transfers and Dia de la Familia

#20 Getting Sandy in Sandy Valley

#7-Viviann's Baptism!!