#99, 100 God Bless the USA

 What's up everyone?! I hope everyone's week has been amazing! Happy Fourth of July! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ¦…πŸ¦…πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ¦…πŸ¦…πŸ¦… I am so grateful for this wonderful country. It truly is a promised land. I am so grateful for the freedom I have to worship Jesus Christ. I am grateful that this country was prepared so the world could receive the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And even though we're not the greatest at soccer, we are so much better than the rest of the world at the sport that really matters


Super Bowl Championships
USA - 60
Belgium - 0
Rest of the world - 0

These past couple weeks have been awesome! We've been able to find more people and help them come to church. We're working with this one part member family that really wants to come to church but currently they work on Sundays. If y'all could pray for the Fredrick family, that would be awesome πŸ™ 

On the 4th we got to help at the Summerlin Patriotic Parade. We had to wake up at 4:30 but it was totally worth it. We handed out hundreds of mini American flags πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ It was so awesome! It made me every more grateful to be from this amazing country. After the parade we bought Popsicles and water and tried to hand it out to people but not many people were out. But we did get to make a couple kids a lot happier. We had to be in by 7, but we still got to see the fireworks from our complex. Our apartment is on top of a huge hill at the very end of the valley, so we were able to see the fireworks across the entire city. Everywhere you looked there were at least 20 fireworks going off πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†

Last pday Elder Proctor and I had to eat the spiciest chicken from Houston's Hot Chicken because our zone hit a goal of inviting people to church. It was the worst thing I have ever done. Tears were flowing down my eyes the entire time. My face was burning for about 45 minutes. And then later that night my stomach was killing me. We had to get some tums to make it not absolutely miserable. And then I won't tell you about what happened at 3:45am because that would be gross πŸ˜ 

We got transfer news on Sunday and for my last transfer I'm going to be staying here and I'll be finishing Elder Seaman's training. We are losing Elder Proctor though πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“ But that means I'm not a Zone leader πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ I'm definitely grateful for the time I got to serve in the MLC, but 16 months is a very very long time. I'm so grateful that all I have to worry about this transfer is my comp and the work.

As a mission we've been studying the boom by Neil L. Anderson called, "The Divine Gift of Forgiveness." One paragraph that I love says, "Repentance is not achieved by one's sheer determination to right the course of life. Repentance requires humbly coming to the Savior and allowing His grace to rest upon you as you become a 'new creature' in Christ." Repentance isn't just turning away from sin and from our bad habits. It can only be achieved by turning to Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can forgive us of our sins and He is the only who can help us change. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. I know He lives and that is the greatest knowledge anyone can ever come to know.

Talk to you next week!!
Elder Jensen








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#10 Transfers and Dia de la Familia

#5-Viva Las Vegas

#20 Getting Sandy in Sandy Valley