#101,102 Linda's Endowment

 What's up everyone?!


I hope your past couple weeks have been amazing. It's been a good first couple weeks of the transfer.

We've been getting out and working hard but we haven't seen a ton of fruits of labor yet, but that's alright. I've found that it's just an honor to represent Jesus Christ even if people don't want to hear about. But we still have faith that He is preparing people. We've been working with a family for a month now. They are super awesome but just need some extra courage to be able to request Sundays off from work. So please pray for the Fredrick family 🙏

Last Friday I had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple with Elder Rogers (my comp from a year ago) and Jim and Linda Ness to see Linda receive her endowment and get sealed to her husband. It was so awesome! I had been looking forward to that day since before Linda was baptized. It was such a sweet experience to see them become united for eternity. It was also great to see all the members from the Spanish Hills ward. Literally the best ward in the world

It rained for about 3 minutes on Sunday which was so nice. It also made the clouds so pretty. I have never geeked out about clouds that much in my life. It was a testament to me of God's love

We met this guy who is trying to play professional basketball in the Philippines. He was on a run with his wife and kids. His wife had a Kobe shirt on. We said we liked her shirt and she said, "Thanks. It's Kobe Bron James." Her husband looked pretty disappointed because Kobe is his favorite player 🤦‍♂️ Personally I think LeMichael Curry would be lot better.

We taught this one guy named John this week and he honestly should be a member of the church. He just think the Church requires too much of it's members. He said he'd rather just get baptized in an easy church where he doesn't have to live the word of wisdom, serve in a calling, or have his kids go on missions. That lesson made me think about why God does require so much of us. A quote by Joseph Smith came to my mind. "A religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has the power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation.” The purpose of sacrifice is to help us becoming more like Jesus Christ. Jesus lived the hardest life possible and He invited each of us to follow Him. As we give everything we have to Jesus Christ we move from being fans of Jesus Christ to becoming true followers of Him. I am so grateful that life is hard because I am able to feel Jesus Christ's power more in my life. Be grateful for your challenges rather than complaining

Jesus loves you and you're doing better than you think
Elder Jensen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#10 Transfers and Dia de la Familia

#5-Viva Las Vegas

#20 Getting Sandy in Sandy Valley