#98 I Guess I'm TikTok and Instagram Famous

 How's it going? I hope everyone has been well. 


On Thursday we had a member call us and ask us to help him out with a "service." It turns out he's an Instagram influencer with about 13k followers. He posts videos about the church and a lot of them are controversial. He had us film 2 quick videos with him. One was a crazy edit of us. It was a parody of another video that recently went viral. And then the other was a video about what to do when the "Mormon missionaries" knock on the door. We didn't think too much of it, but now about 4 days after the videos were posted, we have about 10 million views between the two videos on Instagram and Tik Tok. Yeah I never really thought that would happen on my mission. We've had so many people message us and say they scrolled into our video. Apparently in the comment section we've gotten a couple death threats, but there's also people that think it's the coolest thing in the world. But the best part is the creator of the video, Austin, told us that he got a DM from a youth who had been doubting his testimony of the church. He saw the video and then asked Austin how he knew the church was true and that gave Austin the opportunity to testify. If God needed me to go viral just so that one kid could grow his testimony, then I guess that's ok. I'll put the videos on Google photos if you want to check them out (it's about time I make a Google photos album am I right?) 


This past Saturday 2/3 of the mission got to go and sing the national anthem at a Las Vegas Aviators baseball game πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² ⚾️⚾️ It was a ton of fun! We then got to stay and watch 5 innings of the game. A homerun landed about 2 feet away from us. But we obviously had to let the little kids get the ball. I also got to see a recent convert from Spanish Hills at the game. Tetiana is the best!!

The rest of the week was pretty alright. We got out and worked our hardest. Not a ton of people we interested, but we did had such an amazing lesson yesterday with a part member family. A couple weeks back we talked to them and the dad seemed quite cynical, but this time he was all into it and kind of wants his kids to serve missions too. Please pray that Ashton and Annette will be able to get work off and get to church πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

2 Nephi 25:13 is quickly becoming one of my favorite verses. 

"Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name."

Jesus Christ really has risen and because of that He is able to heal us physically, spiritually, emotionally, and all the other llys you can think of. Because of everything He has done for me my soul also delights in telling everyone about Him. Jesus loves you!! 

Have a great week! Love y'all!!
Elder Jensen






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#10 Transfers and Dia de la Familia

#20 Getting Sandy in Sandy Valley

#7-Viviann's Baptism!!